HOWTO talk:Manually install Adélie Linux
From Adélie Linux
A few comments :)
- Horizon link at top sends to 'new page'. Perhaps this needs amending, creating, etc.
- boot partition shouldn't really be journalled .. I tend to suggest/recommend/use ext2 for this reason.
- link to page on kernel configuration
- link to page on bootloaders .. grub2 may be desirable for some
- chrooting - I thought you needed /dev and /sys rbind-mounted .. or have you aliased this internally.
I think I'd consider something similar in structure to the Gentoo Handbook .. the Adélie Handbook! It's a bit of a wall-of-text otherwise. Some handy templates/formatting for commands/etc would make it easier to read.
Otherwise, good job :d
- * Done.
- * Fixed.
- * Not yet written. Let's discuss on chat.
- * The Package:Syslinux link is already present for x86/x86_64. If you didn't notice it, perhaps I should reformat it.
- * This isn't really meant to be the 'definitive' way to install Adélie; once Horizon is written, you should really never have to do this. Therefore I'm not sure if we need a Handbook like Gentoo. I do agree some command formatting, maybe with a template, would be cool.
- -- Awilfox (talk) 07:57, 12 December 2016 (UTC)